Functional testing of a system application, for example, a company’s network is different from testing a mobile application with thousands, if not millions, of users. Testing mobile applications involve testing many configurations and therefore taking several steps. It is vital to test your mobile app before launching it in the market. This can determine the success or failure of app development. In this article, we discuss the differences in testing mobile and web app.
We found that the contrast is mainly in different requirements, testing methods and the necessary tools.
The distinction between mobile and web application testing
- One of the most obvious differences is that mobile apps are designed for more users, more diverse devices than web apps.Although the differences between these two categories of computers are diminishing as more and more web applications become available in mobile formats, the complexity of mobile applications is constantly increasing with the complexity of the functions that mobile devices must support. The mobile application can work on multiple devices, including a smartphone, tablet, locking system or fitness tracker.
- Web browsers have been created stationary.While mobile applications must always perform computing functions on the go, web applications typically focus on desktop operations or fixed handheld with common functionality of Wi-Fi router, cursor, and mouse that is less involved in mobile applications. When testing web applications move to test mobile applications, the task is consistently expanded. Testing mobile applications should address several different functions in relation to several different environments. For your quality Android app, you should contact mobile app development companies to hire dedicated developers.Increasing user interest and attachment to mobile devices has led Quality Assurance (QA) to check applications for:
- constant communication
- notification management
- multi-platform sync
Differences between mobile and web testing:
- Storage limitations (RAM).
The RAM of many mobile devices is still less than 4 GB as well as relatively small 16 GB SSD. This creates severe limitations for RAM and storage capacity for testing, especially with regard to the enormous amount of memory and storage available to any modern web browser. In addition, services such as advertising platforms can seriously slow down your mobile browser, so transferring your web application to your phone or tablet can be difficult.
- Different interactions for different users.
Interactions for computers and laptops have been stabilized for over 30 years – the mouse and keyboard are the standards for everything from working on Facebook to flash games. This constitutes the features of web application testing.The problem with mobile applications lies in a wide range of sensory actions – scrolling, pulling, voice capabilities (Siri and Google Now). Innovations on specific devices such as an audio set for iPhone or the Samsung headsets that use hand wave gestures add complexity to testing iOS and Android apps.
- Behavior with and without the internet.A web application running on a Mac or PC will be useless without an Internet connection. This is the same for the mobile web application. However, a native or hybrid mobile application may have autonomous functions. Some games can be played without connection, and document editors can also save functionality in flight mode. You need to check how mobile apps behave when switching between connections or using unstable networks. This will help to test android applications, as well as iOS and web applications with higher quality.Of course, there is some overlap between web and mobile apps. Many mobile applications are partly related to web applications, and testers follow some common test patterns in a flexible development cycle. Availability of test management software is a key building block since you formulate a common testing strategy and pay attention to incorporating a wide range of workflows, resources, and possible problems associated with both mobile and web applications. For your quality Android app, you should contact mobile app development companies to hire dedicated developers.
Types of testing
It is important to note that manual testing, like automated testing, plays an important role for QA. A tool can save a lot of time and facilitate the process, but not all test processes will do without human participation.
Automated testing is used for:
- module and library testing
- UI / UX matching
Do not forget about testing web application security. It provides a comfortable work for customers and eliminates the processing of bugs after the release of applications.
Testing your Android mobile app is a key factor in order to get a great product. Top mobile app development companies should be attentive to any details and understand the importance of proper functioning of both web and mobile applications. They can help you test android applications or iOS at a high level. For your quality Android app, you should contact mobile app development companies to hire dedicated developers.